MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
The main function of the department is developing and improving the capabilities of the staff at KISR, as well as those at local and regional organizations through various training programs in scientific and technical, management and computers. The departmentís† goals include preparation and execution of† long- and short-term training plans to meet KISRís needs for human resources, in accordance with the instituteís strategic plans, in addition to implementing career development† plans and other programs that encourage Kuwaiti youth to participate in scientific research.
The Manpower Development Department plays a significant role in achieving KISRís goals, e.g., public relations development, marketing, and enhancing KISRís reputation at† local and internationals levels.
Career Development & Planning Section†
This section develops and follows up the implementation of the career development system for KISRís staff, and prepares the yearly training plans.† It also provides professional advice to the organizational units. Activities of the section include:†
- Developing a† career development system and procedures for KISR.
- Carrying out an annual training needs survey and developing annual training plans.
- Proposing successive plans in coordination with KISRís organizational† units.
- Overseeing the operation and control of the training and career information system.
- Designing employee career development plans.
- Supervising† the training coordinators.†
Special Programs Section †
This section fulfills part of the training requirements of KISRís staff, according to yearly training plans, through special training programs, e.g., training both locally and abroad. The section is responsible for the execution of the degree study program to improve staff capabilities and to meet KISRís† requirements for† qualified manpower.† It also organizes student training programs (in the summer and spring), which encourage new generations to participate in scientific research. Activities of the section include:
Supervising, planning and organizing† summer and spring student training programs.
- Reviewing† and preparing cases for scholarship committee consideration
- Supervising, coordinating and implementing plans for training programs given both locally and abroad.
- Maintaining† effective contact with representatives of† internal and† external organizations.†
Internal Training Program† Development Section †
This section designs and executes in-house training courses, according to the yearly training plans, utilizing† the experience of qualified instructors and trainers among KISRís scientists and researchers as well as that of reputable local and international training organizations. The section also prepares and monitors the on-the-job-training† program. Activities of the section include:
†Supervising, coordinating and implementing plans for in-house training courses.
- Designing† on-the-job training programs for the development of KISR and non-KISR staff.
- Supervising the execution of approved, prestigious courses in cooperation† with local and international organizations.
- Coordinating with the concerned divisions on the formulation of training program scheduling and the selection of course instructors.
- Ensuring† registration and attendance of KISR participants and those from outside.
- Supervising† the self- instruction program through an audio-visual library.
Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
Manpower Development Department
P.O. Box 24885 Safat
Safat 13109, Kuwait