Bridging the gap in Kuwait's supply and demand of fish

Kuwait’s fisheries satisfy only 30% of the country’s demand for fish, while the other 70% is supplemented through imports. In spite of the policies implemented to manage wild fisheries stocks, fish populations have continued to decline, particularly those of Kuwait’s four most important fish species: Suboor (Shad), Zobaidy (White Pomfret), Hamoor (Grouper) and Nagroor (Grunt). The Aquaculture Program studies and delivers feasible technologies to help Kuwait's aquaculture industry become more commercially viable and to improve food security. The program is focused on the reproduction and early-life stages of fish hatchery technologies, and developing protocols for practical techniques to control nutrition and disease.

  • Accomplishments
  • Ongoing Projects